- LOOKING TO ADOPT
- Domestic Programs
- Domestic Information
- International Programs
- Bulgaria Adoption
- China Adoption
- Colombia Adoption
- Ethiopia Adoption
- Honduras Adoption
- Philippines Adoption
- Taiwan Adoption
- International Information
- Adoption Facts
- Adoption Glossary
- Adoptions at Gladney
- Adoption Process
- Countries In Progress
- Hague Training
- Humanitarian Aid
- Information Sessions
- Older Children Webinar
- Orphan Care Ministry Resource
- Pathways Training
- Waiting Children
- Which Country is Right for You?
- Reference Families Information
- Get Started Today!
- I'M PREGNANT
- ABOUT US
- OUR SERVICES
- FAMILY ASSOCIATION
United States Program
New Beginnings Adoption Criteria
The New Beginnings State Adoption Program is a highly specialized program involving unique and sometimes difficult situations. Families are selected by their ability to provide love, care and experience necessary for each individual child or infant's needs. Adoptive families must also be prepared to procure the needed medical resources, although staff will assist in the attainment of subsidies for qualifying families.
This program is only open to families currently residing in the State of Texas.
State of Texas Requirements for Adoptive Parents:
- Be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults
- Complete an application
- Share information regarding your background and lifestyle
- Provide relative and non-relative references
- Show proof of marriage and/or divorce
- Agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members
- Allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household
- Attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children
If you meet the above criteria:
Take a moment to register to tell us you are interested in adopting. Once you have filled out the form, you will gain more access to the Child Profiles.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, take a look at our frequently asked questions page, email us, or call us at 1-877-GLADNEY. We are here to listen and to help.